All Knowledge Modules must be completed by all staff within six months of hire. Certain modules must also be completed by staff when significant changes occur. Staff must receive a score of 80% or higher on the unit assessments to pass the module.
Twelve required Knowledge Modules:
- Unit 1: What is WIC
- Unit 2: Rapport Building
- Unit 3: Collecting Certification Data
- Unit 4: Anthropometrics
- Unit 5: Hemoglobin Testing
- Unit 6: Nutrition Risk Factors
- Unit 7: Referrals
- Unit 8: Food Package
- Unit 9: Client Education
- Unit 10: Check Issuance & Food Delivery
- Unit 11: Civil Rights
- Unit 12: Cultural Competency
1. The staff member will complete each Knowledge Module according to the instructions in the unit.
2. The staff member will complete the post-test for the unit.
3. The director will grade and submit the original post-test for the unit to ITCA and maintain a copy on file at the local agency.
4. If the staff person does not pass the unit (score is < 80%), the unit and the post-test must be repeated until it is passed.
5. ITCA recommends that new staff complete at least one competency unit per week until all units are completed.