At the invitation of the tribe, the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc. (ITCA) Tribal Epidemiology Center (TEC) will coordinate a Large Vehicle and Bus Traffic Enforcement training with the tribe. ITCA TEC will deliver the 4-hour instruction on how to safely conduct traffic enforcement involving large vehicles and buses to law enforcement.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration “developed the training to provide law enforcement officers, who have a duty and responsibility to enforce traffic laws with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively conduct large truck and bus vehicle stops after observing an illegal and/or unsafe driving behavior.”
The following topics will be emphasized through presentations and videos:
- Observe — Identify traffic violations associated with large truck and bus crashes
- Consider — Identify safety considerations that apply before, during and after a vehicle stop
- Detect — Identify potential indicators of serious vehicle defects or criminal activity
- Review — Identify the documentation required for processing a large truck or bus vehicle stop
- Report — Identify the appropriate boxes to check when completing a citation for a large truck or bus
Click Here for more information.