At the invitation of the tribe, the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc. (ITCA) Trial Epidemiology Center (TEC) will coordinate a Share the Road training with the tribe and the Arizona Department of Public Safety (ADPS). ADPS will deliver the 4-hour instruction on driving strategies near commercial vehicles to tribal staff and community members, including teen drivers.
The following topics will be emphasized through presentations, videos and a commercial vehicle tour.
1. Introduction, History and Facts
2. Types of vehicles on the Road
3. Factors that determine stopping distance
4. Don’t cut off trucks
5. Stay our of the blind spots
6. Following distances
7. Trucks make wide turns
8. Moving off the Road—Move over law
9. Curbing distracted driving